Saturday, November 22, 2008

Experimenting with the leica reel.

Duuuuuudes,

I like totally took some initiative and experimented for a couple minutes on the totally hot leica reel.


Seriously, though-

On friday, i went to the computer lab with foo and while she was working on her character stuff for DQ, I borrowed the storyboard panels revised by Tony and i edited with drawn over panels and tweaked the timing a bit more. I looked at his revisions and worked on until the rollerblade scene. I didn't save over anything. I put everything with my name on it saved on a different file (so no worries please). I also put the storyboard panels back in the right place .


I have to say... it is starting to run much more smoothly! it's great! He really knows what he's talking about. I only used crappy stick figures and it read clearly and efficiently. I brought a persion to watch both versions and they also agreed it was an improvement. But, just in case you guys didn't approve and don't want it at all, I didn't save over the original file.


I thought it'd be easier to see what would happen if we took all the great criticism on the reel and actually put them on. I took into account other people's advice (that i could remember). I feel that we will have a lot of fun with it because i know i was when we had something to work with.

Mindgasm, really.


Have a fantastical weekend, everyone.

(((edit: Thanks to the innovative and talented Nick, he has come to edit our leica and have made it much better. I can only say i was there to supervise, help, and cheer him on. Once we have these great boards, producing the final boards will be much faster so that we won't have tothink too much about figuring out how to make them.)))

2 comments:

InsaneWeaver said...

First, congratulations for taking the initiative and effort to improve what we've got so far. Even if we'll reboard and change everything, I think looking at other alternatives is very effective and opens up new ideas.

I totally have to see this. I think we should all gather around and give our input and discuss what we liked and didn't like about the reel so we know what to look out for in our final reel.

Thanks Ash!

Fraeya said...

I completely and totally agree. Especially seeing as how we're screening our reel on Wednesday, and I want to be able to show a semi-finished product we can all be proud off. We sortof half hacked at the reel trying to cut stuff off the other day, and as a result I don't think it looks as polished as it could. I know we can do so much better.

Thanks so much for taking the initiative ash ! It's really appreciated :)