Saturday, October 18, 2008

Reading week ... becomes... Discovery week!!!

(((edit: Sorry guys, I didn't want to seem to come off as some kind of nazi. I didn't think this post would but i should have wrote that this was not all mandatory. I thought only commenting was. Everyone just kept telling me to post up the assignments so i did. I wanted this post to be as clear as possible and not something oddly confusing. But i guess i failed at that. I will now be more careful as to how i post from now on.)))

Sleepless Knights Mission!


1) 3 Layouts
Use the layouts (or make new ones) where the action scenes take place.
You can shrink layouts and then build the environments.
-One real
-One stylistic
-One pushed to the max... or whatever you feel is good


2) Everyone have their own take on the two main characters
-stylisitic? improved? cuter? pushed?
-you can sketch them or put them into your layout cause the style can greatly influence the character/layout.... or you can just let it stand out.

3)Thumbnails for storyboarding.
-This is to see what could work in the story
ie. Sister rambo scene, ultimate sibling showdown, sister training... stuff


Due: Must be posted by Wednesday.
You MUST comment on EVERY artwork. Good and considerate criticism is a very important.

In the words of Mark Komza: "It's fun!...so... Have fun with it!"
(((edit: Quoting teachers equals bad karma)))

Knights! I choose you!

4 comments:

Fraeya said...

huh, I thought nick said we were doing this on a strictly voluntary basis. Still, I'm not complaining if people do it. I mean, the more the merrier :).

Ti said...

Err, you weren't there (I think off to life drawing) but most of us agreed to take a little break from the film. Certainly do some stuff and post them, but less of a mandatory thing. Still, I'll do some sketches, just not necessarily for Wednesday.

J. Gregg said...

Everyone's right - we're doing this on a voluntary basis. It's supposed to be a stress-free week.

Ashley Jin Kim said...

Sorry - i r retarded. I didn't mean for people to feel like i was trying to nazi them into doing stuff. It's coo! Go forth and discover.

I just got lazy and posted the most clear post i could.